Cooperative Credit Union Association Corporation’s 2022 Student Essay Contest
The Cooperative Credit Union Association Corporation’s 2022 Student Essay Contest for seventh- and eighth-graders is now open for submissions!
Participants are asked to hand-write an essay in 250 words or less about the following topic:
“Your community, your country, and the entire world continues to battle the effects of the Covid-19 virus pandemic. Everyone has experienced changes in how we work, how we learn, how we socialize and credit unions have worked hard to continue to serve their members’ varied financial needs under very challenging circumstances – remote workers, sick or caregiving staff, covid restrictions such as masks, social distancing, and protective barriers, etc. Please share the three biggest covid impacts in your own life and how you have challenged yourself to overcome them.”
- Only students currently in the seventh and eighth grade are eligible.
- Students must be Massachusetts residents.
- Schools must be located in Massachusetts.
- Students must be sponsored by a member credit union in good standing with the Cooperative Credit Union Association Corporation.
- Submissions must include the student’s name, grade level, home address, school name, teacher’s name, principal’s name and the name of St. Jean’s Credit Union.
- Essays must be submitted by Monday, January 10, 2022.
There will be eight winners selected. The first-place winner will receive $500, and the seven finalists will each receive $250. Ten honorable mentions will also be selected and received $50. An awards ceremony will be held in the spring to honor the contest winners.
Students must mail their entries to:
Kathleen Donahue, Executive Vice President
St. Jean’s Credit Union
370 Highland Avenue
Salem, MA 01970
Please contact Executive Vice President Kathleen Donahue at (978) 219-1016 or firstname.lastname@example.org (please note, email is not secure) with any questions.