Help Desk Associate, Part-Time
We are looking for a part-time Help Desk Associate to join our team.
Responsible for St. Jean’s Credit Union technology support functions, under the general supervision of the VP of IT, the Help Desk Associate performs support for desktop computing hardware and software applications. Assists with the technical needs of 60+ employees consisting of on-site and remote staff. Provides support for desktop operating systems, hardware configurations, and system integration, while embracing and recognizing the importance of the Credit Union Values Statement without exception.
Please e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Associates of Science in Computer Science, equivalent industry experience (Required)
- 1+ year preferred experience including (but not limited to) Windows technologies, networking, remote computing, and backup systems.
- 1+ year preferred technical work experience or equivalent education.
- A+, Network+ and Security+ Certifications (a plus)
- Knowledge of desktop operating systems, various software applications, and PC/Server/Network hardware.
- Understanding principles and theories of network systems and management, Internet technologies, products, and electrical safety procedure.
- Microsoft Office Suite Experience.
- Hardware support Experience.
Part-time, 20 hours per week. Monday – Friday with an occasional Saturday.
Deviations from these timeslots might be necessary depending on St. Jean’s Credit Union’s needs.
Local business travel within Massachusetts is expected for this position.
- Act as the initial contact for all end-users that need technical support.
- Performs problem diagnosis, asks questions, and guides users through a step-by-step solution
- Create new or update existing tickets, and respond to tickets assigned, as appropriate.
- General knowledge of Active Directory functions.
- Basic Network printers/copiers troubleshooting
- Basic Networking troubleshooting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills complemented by an ability to listen to and interpret employee requests.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex instrument and technology issues.
- Organize daily tasks, checklists, and time management
- Proactive analytical problem solver. Take initiative and “dig into the weeds”.
- Clearly communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly professional manner and assist senior management as needed.
- Escalate or involve senior management on more sensitive or complex end-user issues.
- Follow defined procedures and policies to resolve recurring issues.
- Assist with the integration of various platforms to ensure networking interoperability and connectivity.
- Perform hands-on problem/system analysis, troubleshooting, resolution, remote access, and diagnostics of hardware and software utilizing standard tools, including data communication problems.
- Assist with configuring hardware, software, and data communications software and hardware to provide a computing solution.
- Perform other duties as required.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, scanners, and copy machines.
Physical Requirement Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time; stand; walk; use hands to type, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
Assumes responsibility for maintaining effective communication and coordination with Credit Union personnel and with management.
- Assists area personnel as needed.
- Maintains regular contact with other departments to obtain information and/or to close out any open tickets and pending items.
- Keeps management informed of area activities and of any significant problems or concerns.
- Team Player.
Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
- Completes special projects as assigned.
- Ensures that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained.
This job posting is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
St. Jean’s Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer.